Review : Avon Simply Pretty Dual Powder Foundation ( A MAC SF Dupe)

As mentioned on my previous post, this powder foundation is a MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation dupe. For reference, I have normal to oily skin (T-zone). Let's take a closer look at this baby..



PRODUCT INFO at the back of compact:
Put shine on hold while protecting and keeping your face fresh and clean! Special micro-powders absorb shine while wet/dry formula allows you to control its coverage for a fresh, clean look. SPF 13 shield skin from damaging UVA/UVB rays.
Oil free. Dermatologists tested. Clinically tested.
Non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.
Made especiall for Asian women.

TO USE: Apply dry for medium coverage and wet for heavier coverage.

PRICE: Around Php 200 in Avon stores.

WEIGHT : 10 grams

SHADES: Available in 3 shades?
Still have to check. I have it in Light Beige.


WHAT I LIKE:
* has spf 13
* almost no scent at all
* texture is not chalky
* good oil control
* didn't give me breakouts. Used it for more than a month.
* nice packaging, with separate sponge compact like MAC SF.
* very nice coverage

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
* nothing!

TIPS:
Make sure to always wash or replace the sponge to prevent bacteria from growing.. I hate dirty sponges or puffs!

ADDICTION FACTOR:
Will repurchase.

RATING :
5 out of 5.

See the packaging looks like MAC's SF.

I really love this powder foundation! I can't believe its so inexpensive, only 1/5 of MAC's Studio Fix price tag! Quality is good too for the price..

I have this in Light Beige and am using MAC's Studio Fix in NC25, both shades looks close together. Click here to read my review and swatches.


9 comments:

Golden said...

Thanks for the review sis. I am still looking for a cheap but good foundie. I find angelfit too expensive for me so I'll definitely buy this Avon foundie once I use up my angelfit foundie. :)

Anonymous said...

khymmy :)

i have avon foundation too.
as usual, i got the wrong shade :(

AskMeWhats said...

i've never tried Avon foundation, and if its a good dupe for MAC SF :) That is something!

oOchaOo said...

thanks for this review sis :)
i haven't tried any cosmetics from AVON yet and i would love to check out this foundie!

Chrissy said...

Now I'm lemming for Avon stuff again! Nice post, ty for the review.

K said...

Thanks for this review! Is this really really really comparable to MAC's studio fix?

Im planning to get LM's dual foundation, but if this works might as well get this one instead

Miss Shopcoholic said...

Hi K! In terms of coverage, I can say it is similar.

Rey M said...

I should try this simply pretty powder. what can u say about the simply pretty gel foundation? have u used it too?

http://totsoverdose.blogspot.com/2011/07/avon-simply-pretty-gel-foundation.html

Miss Shopcoholic said...

@ Rhea Liza - sorry di ko pa natry ang gel foundation =)