Review : MAC Studiofix Powder plus Foundation


MAC Studiofix in NC25

PRODUCT INFO from MAC's site:
Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application. Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture. Contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin, as well as Talc to provide a smoother, matte finish. Long-wearing. Available in a wide range of colours. Can be applied with a brush, sponge, or a powder puff.

PRICE:
Php 1,600 or $26 online (MAC site)

WEIGHT : 15 grams / .52 oz.

SHADES:
Available in 33 shades
N
stands for Neutral skintones
C
stands for Cool skintones
NC
stands for Neutral Cool skintones
NW stands for Neutral Warm skintones
Click here to check out So Kiss and Makeup's post to find out more on how to determine your skin undertone.

WHAT I LIKE:
*
hygenic coz it has a separate sponge compartment
*
love the packaging!
* doesn't cake (on me)
*
NC25 really matches my skintone
* has yellow undertones
perfect for Asians!
*
compact holds a lot of product (some brands have only 12 grams)

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
* i find it expensive!
* there's no MAC store here in Cebu! Tsk! **praying**

ADDICTION FACTOR:
Will i repurchase? Hmm, maybe yes if I have lots of moolah! Lol!
But Maybelline's
Clear smooth powder foundation works just the same on me, but they have limited shades..

I read in Martha's blog that Prestige Wet/Dry Powder is a good dupe. It only costs Php 500! Click here to read her product review.



SWATCHES:

MAC Studiofix Powder Plus Foundation in NC25
MAC Sheer Coverage Foundation in NW20


Did you notice that NW20's undertone is kinda pink, but it matched my skintone (at back of my hand)
I have a neutral undertone so products with yellow or pink undertones.
NC25 also matches my skintone (face) when blended.. Haven't tried the NW20 on my face yet.

From left to right; for shade comparison

MAC blot powder in Light
MAC Sheer Coverage Foundation in NW20
MAC Studiofix in NC25


To check my Product review on MAC's Blot powder, click here.


5 comments:

The Beauty Junkee said...

haaay.. my hg face powder na ang mahal mahal.

kim, maganda ang prestige powder kapag magandang brush ang ginamit. nabe- blend kasi ng maige. flawless din ang effect. :D

Pammy said...

This is my HG powder foundation. Works very well with my oily skin plus the staying power is good. :)

Gem said...

Apart from the studio fix foundation, the other two compacts look familiar *winks*

You have an award waiting on my blog, Khymm :)

The Glamarazzi said...

Hi Khym! :) Thanks! As for MAC makeup, I usually order them online (lipsticknet.com or cosmeticamerica) and have my cousin ship them here :)

makeupjelena said...

Great post! :-)