Review : Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

Here's the last part of my Revlon Photoready Collection review.

Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher in Translucent

PRODUCT INFO from REVLON:
  • For poreless airbrushed skin in any light
  • Universal translucent shade
  • Eliminates shine and sets makeup
  • Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect and diffuse light
  • Micro-refined, ultra-lightweight texture that's virtually undetectable
  • Oil free, Fragrance Free
RETAIL PRICE: Php 975 or about $21

WEIGHT : 7.1 grams (0.25 oz)

SHADES : Available in only 1 shade - Translucent.

WHAT I LIKE:
* powder has fine shimmers to reflect light - no chunky glitters!
* sheer coverage powder perfect for touch ups and controlling shine
* no breakouts / allergies
* compact is thin with mirror and brush (same with the Photoready powder)
* good oil control - this reminds me of my MAC Blot powder.
* doesn't cake even if you re-apply it several times during the day
* powder is not chalky (texture)
* can be used as a highligher

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
* has a slight weird scent on the compact- but it disappears once applied.
* brush included is kinda scratchy and small.
* no SPF
* comes only in 1 shade
* shade doesn't suit dark skintones - this may be too white on you, better test before purchasing.

TIPS:
Since the powder is almost white, apply sparingly if you plan to use this all over your face. I only use it on my T-zone area (forehead, nose and chin) to control oil and it also adds a slight shimmer too, perfect for highlighting. I don't apply it on my cheek area since its already dry =P

ADDICTION FACTOR:
Yes! IMO, this is a good alternative for MAC Blot powder.

RATING :
4 / 5

More pics - taken with flash

Revlon Photoready Powder in Light / Medium & Translucent Finisher

a closer look at the shades - taken without flash

Another FOTD using all 3 products from the Photoready Collection
Click image to zoom.

Also loving my LA Colors Moisturizing lipstick in Pink Parfait.
Review to follow! =)


Till next time,

6 comments:

Pammy said...

Nice review. If it can be an alternative to MAC Blot, then this product must be good. :P

Anastacia said...

Agree with you, looks kindda light

jo.frougal said...

Perfect makeup application! Lovely, lovely!

Madt said...

love your picture gorgeous :) I also have this sis and use this as my finishing powder :) perfect!

DluxEdition.com said...

You look so cute!

Thanks for the Revlon review! I really wanna try out that finishing powder, but they just stopped selling Revlon in my local stores :(

Anyways, visit my blog too if you want!

+ S T A R + said...

i think i probably need this khymm.