Review : Cover Girl Trublend Foundation in Ivory

Okay, this is my second attempt trying CG's Trublend foundie. The first one, I picked out the wrong shade - Natural Beige. It has a pinkish undertone that looks totally fake on my skintone!
Read more to find out if this is HG material or not..


PRODUCT INFO from Cover Girl's site:
TRUblend Liquid Makeup has colorspheres that go beyond just matching your skin tone to actually merge with your skin, for a naturally flawless look. Specially designed to work with TRUblend pressed powder, concealer and blush; select your foundation, 1 - 6, then look for the corresponding concealer, blush and powder!
  • Oil-free
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

RETAIL PRICE: Php 600+.
Bought mine for Php 180 thru my friend Laura.
She' s selling makeups for less. Click here to purchase.

WEIGHT : 30 ml

SHADES : Available 15 shades from Ivory (lightest) to Soft sable (darkest).

WHAT I LIKE:
* feels lightweight
* does not cake
* light coverage - you can't tell I'm wearing foundation
* no need to mix shades - Ivory matches my skintone
* packaging looks classy - with a glass pump bottle
* almost unscented
* its sheer but evens out my skintone
* ivory has a neutral beige undertone - neither pink or yellow
* no allergies
* its oil free - perfect for oily/combination skin

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
* does not totally cover imperfections


TIPS:
Since this foundation has a light coverage, you can apply a powder foundation or mineral foundation on top to cover slight blemishes.

Even if a product is hypoallergenic, be sure to test it first on your jawline and neck to see if you're hiyang with it.

ADDICTION FACTOR:
Will repurchase. I'm inlove with this foundie!

RATING :
4 out of 5.
Swatch
Covergirl Trublend Liquid Foundation in Ivory


6 comments:

Fifi said...

I was once contemplating to get this or not. This sounds promising but I need something that will cover imperfections well. Good to hear it works for you though :)

AskMeWhats said...

hi sis! i own this as I use this to blend with my darker foundation! :) you're right, the coverage is sheerer but it works still if you dont' need a lot of coverage :)

MaryAnneVelasco said...

thanks for sharing. i have checked on it here on online stores in sweden but unfortunately, it isn't available here. sad. but thanks for the tip. might buy some during my 2010 philippine vacation.

by the way, can we please exlinks with my three blogs_
www.ovahcoffee.com
www.hnhpages.com
www.thepastimeshelf.com

thanks and have a great day!

Camille Santos said...

i dont have any liquid foundations in my stash...puro bb creams...im not that fond of them kasi,ive never tried wearing them for a whole day maybe thats why...pero im looking for a good drugstore liquid foundie i might try this one or the maybelline...another risk nanaman for our skin hehe

Miss Shopcoholic said...

@ fifi - yes, this is a nice if you want a sheer coverage foundie.. sad to say this doesnt cover imperfections..

@askmewhats - i read your review Nikki, that's why i want to try it! hehe

@maxi - thanks for visiting my site.. its your first time to comment right? =) already followed your blog..

@shobe - naku, you have sensitive skin right? better test it muna hehe

Camille Santos said...

khymm meron pa ba si friend mo nito?hindi sensitive skin ko kung ano ano nga nilalagay ko kahit putik wag lang daw MAC kasi mhal hehe