Review : MAC Studio Finish Concealer



PRODUCT INFO FROM MAC:
A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. Water-resistant, fragrance-free and non-acnegenic. This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin's imperfections and discolourations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of Vitamin A and Vitamin E), it also contains Silica to help adsorb the skin's oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a medium to firm fiber brush (try the 242 Brush), a latex sponge, or the fingertips.


PRICE: $16.50 or Php 792; Php 870 in Philippine stores


WEIGHT : 7 g / 0.24 US OZ

SHADES: Available in 14 shades.
Check out MAC's Shade Guide here.


WHAT I LIKE:
* really covers up my dark circles
* has an opaque coverage
* its fragrance-free
* a little amount goes a long way, very concentrated
* this is the only concealer I know that has a high spf of 35!


WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
* hard to blend because of its texture
* can get cakey
* oxidizes during the day
* settles into fine lines.. boo!!


TIPS:
"Make sure to blend, blend, blend.." as what my friend Martha says.. She's a fan of this concealer and considers it her HG! Can you belive that a pot of this little guy lasted her more than 3 years?! That's how concentrated this concealer is!

Since the texture of this concealer is not as creamy as NYX's Concealer in a Jar, its better to use your fingertips since it will warm the concealer up. You can also use a concealer brush first (its more hygenic!) and apply the concealer in the desired area and blend using fingertips. Set with loose powder.


***************
I really expected a lot from this product. I'm kinda disappointed... I still need to practice on how to blend it correctly and make sure it doesn't crease especially that I have fine lines in my undereyes . Don't know what I did wrong. I applied eye cream (let it dry) prior to applying this concealer and set it with loose powder.. That's why I seldom use cream concealers since it has a tendency to cake and settle into fine lines compared to liquid concealers.

I'm surprised that I would prefer Maybelline Mineral Power concealer over this! It effectively covers my dark circles and doesn't oxidize during the day, unlike the Studio Finish concealer. But I won't give up on this product! Will try experimenting with different techniques till I get it right.. hehe..

UPDATE 12/28/2009 : Its currently my HG concealer! The technique that works for me is to use a concealer brush first to apply the concealer all over my undereyes and blend, then using your fingertips blend again in patting motion. Set with loose powder to "seal" the concealer then apply MAC mineralize skinfinish to set everything.

ADDICTION FACTOR:
Will not buy for now coz I think this will last me a long time.

RATING :
4 out of 5.

Swatch:

8 comments:

Pammy said...

Awww. That's sad to know that it disappointed you. It is my fave concealer. :)

pankeke said...

at first this was sounding so great but I hateee when concealer gets cakey and settles into fine lines because it just looks sooo bad when you have skin problems like me xD

Crystal said...

aww i don't have this either and i'm scared nga that it will settle into my fine lines.

Maui (Suushh) said...

try the select moisture cover for under the eyes. I got a studio fnish concealer too and though it covered pretty well it did look dry and settled into lines =)

The Beauty Junkee said...

bummer no? pag di mo na-blend ng maige nag-ooxidize at nagsesettle siya sa fine lines so blend as in. yun nga lang, nakaka-tug ng lines sa undereyes. boo. :(

pero correct, pag nablend mo to ng tama maganda ito. :)

Unknown said...

Hi! look, I have the studio fix fluid in NC25 and I want to buy the studio finisk concealer but I don´t know in which tone.. do you say NC20??
thanks a lot

Unknown said...

Hi! Look. I hace the studio fiz fluid in NC25 and I want to buy the studio finish concealer but I don´t know in which tone.. Do you say NC20??
thanks a lot!

Miss Shopcoholic said...

@ Rocio - Im NC20-25 and NC20 suits me... but you plan to use it on blemishes its better to use NC25 since it matches your skintone.